Environmental Vision and Environmental Policy
Our Environmental Vision
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre shall be a model of environmental sustainability. It shall also be an inspiring venue for holding meetings, exhibiting and doing business, and a good place to work or visit.
Our Environmental Policy
We undertake to:
- Reduce the environmental impact of our activities, including the use of resources, transport, travel, emissions into the air and water, and waste management.
- Consider environmental aspects in all purchasing and procurement.
- Comply with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Pursue an environmental agenda of preventive measures, transparency and continual improvement.
- Keep our customers, visitors and suppliers informed about our environmental efforts.
- Raise the level of environmental competence among our staff, tenants and contractors, to ensure compliance with the spirit of this policy.
Policy and Organisation
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's activities regarding sustainability (CSR work) are based on several commitments in the form of policies, memberships and programmes. The most important of these are:
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre and Gothia Towers fulfil Svenska Equality's Accessibility Programme
and are certified accordingly.
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre uses the City of Gothenburg Environmental Management System, and our complex is environmentally certified. The City of Gothenburg Environmental Diploma was awarded in recognition of our environmental policy, goals and detailed action plans. The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's buildings have been subject to an energy audit.
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's HR (personnel-related) policies include policies on equal opportunities, pay, leadership, safety, rehabilitation, alcohol, drugs, and discrimination.
Our membership of the international organisation MCI (Mind, Communities, Ideas), adds insight to the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's CSR work.
Environmental Diploma (PDF)
Environment Administration, City of Göteborg.
Please contact us with any comments, questions, queries or suggestions regarding our CSR work.
All the images on the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's CSR pages have a local connection.
Photography: Matto Fredriksson, Niklas Wennberg, Martin Örnroth, Carina Gran.